This protein packed vegalishious dish is made up of simple ingredients from your kitchen pantry I usually air fry or bake them to have my own healthy version!!
yes, we are talking about the middle eastern ‘fast food’ falafel which is originated in Egypt, It can be served in pita sandwich, Mediterranean bowls, and burgers with roasted eggplant and generous amount of sauces
Here is my very own version of the crispy soft falafel over rice inspired from halal guys and middle eastern street food. I totally enjoy these falafels with pita, rice, quinoa and millets with loaded white & red sauces.
· 1 cup dry chickpea (Do NOT use canned or cooked chickpeas)
· 1 Medium onion
· 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
· ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
· fresh dill
· 3-4 garlic cloves
· Salt to taste
· ½ tbsp cumin powder
· ½ tbsp coriander powder
· 1 tbsp ground black pepper
· 1 tbsp paprika
· 2 tbsp sesame seeds
· 2 tbsp of nutrilite all Plant protein Powder
1. Place the dried chickpeas in a large bowl filled with water do cover the chickpeas by at least 2 inches. Soak overnight for 12 hrs (longer if needed if the chickpeas are still hard).
2. Then drain the chickpeas completely and pat them dry.
3. Add the ingredients to food processor mix it until well combined to form the falafel balls. (if u don’t have all the herbs available that’s ok it still tastes amazing with little different flavor just play with it )
4. Transfer the falafel mixture to a container and refrigerate for 20 mins (this step is optional)
5. Scoop a spoonful of the falafel mixture and form small patties.
6. before (Air frying / Baking or Frying), Roll patties over sesame seeds for the crisp (optional step)
7. Place the patties in tray and spray it with the oil, then air fryer it at 380F for 15 or bake the falafel patties in oven at 350F for about 15-20 minutes, turning them over midway through. Or fry it until golden brown in color
8. Serve falafel hot next to yellow rice or pita bread assembled with tomato and lettuce
Vegan white sauce
· 4 Tablespoons vegganise
· 4 Tablespoons plant-based yogurt (or just substitute with 1-2 tbsp of water).
· 1/2 Teaspoon parsley
· 1 Lemon Juiced.
· Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients and enjoy with the meal.
- 15 Red chiles
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 5 clove Garlic
- 6 tbsp Reserved water from soaking chiles
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
Soak the chilies in warm water for 2 hours and mix all the above ingredients and enjoy the meal
Yellow Rice/ Millets/Quinoa
1 tsp turmeric
½ onions chopped.
1 bay leaf
1 cumin powder
Salt and pepper to taste.
1 CUP RICE use ( 1 CUP VEGGIE BROTH and 1 CUP WATER) or
1 CUP QINOA use (1 CUP VEGIEE BROTH) or
1 cup foxtail millets use (1 CUP VEGIEE BROTH and 1 CUP WATER)
Melt the coconut oil/ butter over medium heat Add the onion, turmeric, cumin power, bay leaf and stir well until you get the aroma. Add the (Rice/millets/quinoa) and Cook it in instant pot for 10 mins. And enjoy your meal